Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Love Unscripted (Love #1) by Tina Reber


Love Unscripted (Love, #1)

Love Unscripted by Tina Reber

Ryan Christensen just wanted to be an actor. Never in his wildest dreams did he ever think that accepting a role in an unknown film would toss his career into overdrive. His new fame has cost him dearly; anonymity is no longer an option. His fans stalk him, the paparazzi hound him, and Hollywood studios all want a piece of him. Despite all of that, Ryan Christensen craves the most basic of human needs - to have love in his heart and privacy in his life.

Taryn Mitchell, the story's protagonist, is a realist. She's been feigning contentment, running the family pub in Seaport, Rhode Island, while quietly nursing her own internal heartaches. Her feet are fairly glued to the ground and she doesn't buy into all the hype that has descended on her tiny, coastal town. In her world, men are safe if they're kept at a distance.

Fate has other plans for these two when their paths cross one sunny afternoon. A group of female fans has attacked him, leaving his shirt torn, his face cut, and Ryan in obvious distress. Bonds between them form from the most dramatic of circumstances while jealousy, insecurity, and the stress of his celebrity life try to tear them apart.

Through all the tabloid lies, secrecy, and pressure, can Taryn's peace and Ryan's high-profile insanity live together in harmony? 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

**Spoilers have been hidden in white. No need to fret. (just scroll over the white area to see spoiler text)**


After some careful deliberation, I decided to give Love Unscripted by Tina Reber 4.5/5 stars for being both more than entertaining and opening my eyes to the some of the terrible conditions celebrity’s these faces go through. 


My thoughts on Love Unscripted :

When I first read the synopsis for Love Unscripted, I knew this was the novel for me. Having just returned to contemporary romance novels, after a long and never boring journey in all things supernatural, Love Unscripted was, for better words, a nice breath of fresh air and normalcy. Not to say the journey that Taryn and Ryan embark on in this novel is anything but normal.


Review of Unscripted Love:

In the past year, Taryn Mitchell, a 27 year old bartender and owner of Mitchell’s Pub from Seaport, Rhode Island, has had her shares of more heart break and loss than any sane person could withstand. Between losing her father to a massive heart attack and catching her ex-fiancĂ© with another woman in his bed, Taryn thought she finally got her life back on track and heading in the right direction. 

As the owner of a successful bar in town as well as a share holder in the winery business, Taryn is more than financial stable. The only thing missing in her life is a man. However, after her past failed relationships, Taryn has sentenced herself to the life of being single to protect her heart. 

That was until famous and heartthrob Seaside actor Ryan Christensen literally storms through the front doors of her Pub to escape the rabid fans closely chasing after him. Now, Taryn finds herself drawn to Ryan in a way she has never experienced with any men in her life. However, after a lifetime of dealing with heartbreak and infidelity, is Taryn prepared to begin a relationship with such a public figure, who has many opportunities to do just what she fears? 


Recommend?: 

Holy cow YES (sorry for the excitement)! Despite the hefty page length ofUnscripted Love, and yes this scared me as well at first, this novel is beyond all expectations. There is quite a lot of steaming love scenes, humorous banter, joy and heartbreak. There are even moments where I seriously wanted to strangle the heroine and hero. Still, I really enjoyed the epic journey that this novel brought and I’m counting down the days until Love Unrehearsed. If I count write, it should be around 43 days, 6 weeks, 1038 hours, 62337 minutes and 3740204 seconds (give or take a couple seconds) until the release of   Love Unrehearsed.


You may ask, why Heather did you give Love Unscripted 4.5/5 stars? Well... 

(spoiler)

though I completely adored this novel, it tended to get a bit repetitive. There were times I felt Taryn and Ryan were having the same conversation over and over again. Still, I can't completely knock the book apart for this (hence the .5 rating off). I mean, don't we all feel like we're having the same arguments with our own boyfriends? So, very realistic I presume. 

(spoiler)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fun scenes I felt needed to be included in my review to further enhance the awesomeness of Love Unscripted. 


“How much money do you think I could make from all these women who want to have sex with me?”

“Billions!” I quickly replied.

“Really? Help me drag a mattress out into the front yard. You can sell lemonade and I’ll just fuck people all day!” he cackled. 








Nick made me jump slightly when he gasped loudly. “Tell the limo driver to stop. We have to kick Taryn out. It says right here she’s just using my brother for sex.”

Ryan sat up quickly. “That’s true! She forces me to…” He covered his eyes with the champagne bottle and pretended to cry, slumping back into the seat. “All the time!” he wailed. “And she beats me too! She says ‘you get naked and get in that bed or I’ll give you something to really cry about mister.’ I mean, I’m only human. I’m not a machine.”

“Janelle beats me all the time,” Nick cried. “I feel so used.”

“You wish!” she laughed.

“I don’t know about you Janelle, but if I have to pick up his dirty socks and underwear I want something in return!” I defended.

“I know!” she agreed. “The Christensen scent sure doesn’t smell like roses.”

“Hey, we take pride in our scent!” Ryan argued.

“If your fans only knew…” I replied. “Maybe they wouldn’t be standing so close to our doors.”

“I thought your fans were too busy kissing their Seaside pillowcases to travel all the way to Rhode Island,” Janelle teased.

“Go ahead and laugh, Janelle. I’m laughing all the way to the bank.”

“Pillowcases?” I questioned. I had no idea what she was talking about.

“And bed sheets! Now girls all around the globe can sleep with Charles at night!” Janelle laughed.

“I dry humped my Charles pillow just last night,” Nick chortled, making obscene gestures.

Ryan threw the champagne cork at him. I gathered Ryan didn’t like that last dig, because Ryan threw the cork with some force. Nick flinched away, smiling.

“I used the real Ryan Christensen as a sex toy last night,” I whispered in Ryan’s direction, trying to keep him in a good mood.

Ryan gave me a high-five and winked at me. “Damn straight! And then I sprayed you with my personal scent to keep the other animals away!”

 

No comments:

Post a Comment