Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Easy by Tammara Webber


Easy 

Easy by Tammara Webber


When Jacqueline follows her longtime boyfriend to the college of his choice, the last thing she expects is a breakup. After two weeks in shock, she wakes up to her new reality: she’s single, attending a state university instead of a music conservatory, ignored by her former circle of friends, stalked by her ex’s frat brother, and failing a class for the first time in her life.

Her econ professor gives her an email address for Landon, the class tutor, who shows her that she’s still the same intelligent girl she’s always been. As Jacqueline becomes interested in more from her tutor than a better grade, his teasing responses make the feeling seem mutual. There’s just one problem—their only interactions are through email.

Meanwhile, a guy in her econ class proves his worth the first night she meets him. Nothing like her popular ex or her brainy tutor, Lucas sits on the back row, sketching in a notebook and staring at her. At a downtown club, he disappears after several dances that leave her on fire. When he asks if he can sketch her, alone in her room, she agrees—hoping for more.

Then Jacqueline discovers a withheld connection between her supportive tutor and her seductive classmate, her ex comes back into the picture, and her stalker escalates his attention by spreading rumors that they’ve hooked up. Suddenly appearances are everything, and knowing who to trust is anything but easy.



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I give Easy by Tammara Webber 5/5 stars for being completely enthralling and making me question my own standards for future novels. 


Easy Disclaimer: 

Nobody is more surprised with my 5/5 star rating then me. Why you might ask? Oh well, because I seriously told myself I would stop reading this novel four times. 

However, I’m so glad I continued reading because Easy is now one of my favorite novels of the year.


Easy Review: 

When Jacqueline Wallace’s boyfriend of three years, Kennedy Moore, is accepted to the college of his dreams, she feels no other choice but to come with him. After all, she can major in Music just about anywhere so what is the point in going to another college without said boyfriend? All things seem to go perfect for the first year of college however a quarter through their sophomore year, the thrill of being in a fraternity around beautiful sorority girls proves to be too much for our dear Kennedy. Figuring he should probably get his ‘flirtatious’ side out of his system now while he is still young and able to take chances, Kennedy breaks things off with Jacqueline.

Jacqueline, none to please at being discarded by her boyfriend for such a ridiculous reason (my opinion), must now adjust to her newly single status and learn to live how to live without her ex-boyfriend for who she gave everything up for. 


One of the reasons I wanted to read this novel so badly was because, like Jacqueline, I too decided to follow the path of my boyfriend to college. However, unlike Jacqueline, my boyfriend did not dump me to pursue other girls (thankfully). 

Still the prospect of making such a commitment to your boyfriend as to go to a college of his dreams and then having it backfire like that is extremely depressing. 


Why did you stop reading those four times? 

I wasn’t connecting with the protagonist as much as I hoped to? The writing wasn’t to my approval? Lucas was so darn sexy I just couldn’t take it anymore? Okay, maybe not the last excuse though I can guarantee Lucas is a bonafide sex-god. The truth was that I just wasn’t getting into the storyline and characters. The four times I did quit happened in the first five chapters. Though, I have never been more relieved by my obsession to finish every book I read no matter what because the rest of this story was beyond amazing. 


Recommend?: 

Absolutely! Though I didn’t agree with the first few chapters, it was worth it in the end to stick with the Easy . Lucas is by far one of my favorite love interests and I look forward as using him as a model to all other books I read in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment