Friday, July 22, 2011

Afterlife (Evernight #4) by Claudia Gray


Afterlife (Evernight, #4)

Afterlife by Claudia Gray
Destiny awaits Bianca and Lucas . . .
Bianca and Lucas have always believed they could endure anything to be together. When a twist of fate not only transforms Bianca into a wraith but also turns Lucas into a vampire—the very creature he spent his life hunting—they are left reeling.
Haunted by his powerful need to kill, Lucas can turn to only one place for help . . . Evernight Academy. Bianca is determined to remain with him. But with the vampire leader of Evernight waging a war against wraiths, her former home has become the most dangerous place she could be, despite the new powers her ghostly transformation has given her.
A battle between wraiths and vampires looms, and Bianca and Lucas face a terrifying new reality. They've overcome every obstacle life has thrown at them, but is their love strong enough to survive the challenges after life?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


**Negative review I'm afraid. Sadness! Also, I went a little spoiler crazy. No need to fear, I whited the spoilers out so just avoid them. (scroll over spoiler area to reveal text)**


When I read the last line in the book, I first flipped to the next page to see if it continued on. I then, got on the computer to see when book five would be released. Surprising there is no extra page or book five. This is really the ending and I'm terribly disappointed.

(spoiler)Out of the four books in this series,this book is probably my least favorite. Bianca is completely unreliable in this book. Since she is a wraith now, Bianca isn't able to have a real active role in the book. Most of the time, Bianca seemed more like a creepy narrator who talks about what her friends were doing. As for Lucas, he loses a lot of the qualities about him that made the reader love him. Since becoming a vampire, he is depressed and on the verge of suicide (He only remains alive out of obligation to Bianca. Nope not alive because he wants to be with her, only because he is her anchor to this world).



I didn't feel that the ending left any closure for Bianca or the reader. Since Bianca is still a wraith, her parents are hesitate in accepting her, she has limited similarities with humans or vampires anymore, and she will out live Lucas. Also, now that there is no Evernight Academy, how are the vampire who want to learn about the modern world suppose to go (if this was brought up, I may have skipped it. I disliked the ending so I rushed through it)?
I'm also not buying the whole Lucas always be with Bianca forever because he will be in her memory. Um? What? So its okay if your lover dies...you will just live forever remembering him...0.o Also, is Lucas really content on being with someone who fade in and out of this world.


I guess I was really hoping for a happily ever after and instead all I got was a lot of unresolved things.(spoiler)


No comments:

Post a Comment