Friday, July 22, 2011

Review for Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1) by Josephine Angelini


Starcrossed (Starcrossed, #1)

Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini

Helen Hamilton has spent her entire 16 years trying to hide how different she is--no easy task on an island as small and sheltered as Nantucket. And it's getting harder. Nightmares of a desperate desert journey have Helen waking parched, only to find her sheets damaged by dirt and dust. 


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



Out of all the books I have read, the reason for why Lucas and Helen were unable to have a relationship, was probably the strongest and most complicated. Since this is the case, it annoyed the hell out of me. It was that good of a reason.

I really liked the heroine, Helen, in this novel. She really reminded me a lot of my High School self. I was the super tall girl who hated drawing unnecessary attention to my freakish ways (no I wasn’t a demi god so none that kind of stuff). I was, however, extremely athletic but afraid to actually show my talent. I even was very much obsessed with gaining any sort of scholarship that would allow me to pay almost nothing for college. Therefore, I find Helen to be a very relatable person, despite all the paranormal features.

Alright, back to the book.

The love interest in the story, Lucas, is actually a very likable character. Since the moment he appeared in the novel, I was already rooting for Helen and him to get together. Oh, but Josephine Angelini had no intention of giving the reader a quick union. In this book, there is a wait. So many times I thought Helen and Lucas were FINALLY going to start dating. Then, that hope was ripped away from me before I even realized it. As I said before, Helen and Lucas cannot be together for a very good reason.

I give Lucas a lot of props for being able to resist Helen. My dear Lucas has the will power of a saint. Helen was practically throwing herself at him and he still had the resolve to walk away from her.

Overall, read this book. It’s really good plus there is no bad cliffy but you will be angry by the end of this book. (spoiler)
A certain person is very manipulating. I literally cursed this person out hardcore. (spoiler)

No comments:

Post a Comment