Sunday, September 2, 2012

Captive in the Dark and Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet series) by CJ Roberts


Captive in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #1) 


Captive in the Dark by CJ Roberts

Caleb is a man with a singular interest in revenge. Kidnapped as a young boy and sold into slavery by a power-hungry mobster, he has thought of nothing but vengeance. For twelve years he has immersed himself in the world of pleasure slaves searching for the one man he holds ultimately responsible. Finally, the architect of his suffering has emerged with a new identity, but not a new nature. If Caleb is to get close enough to strike, he must become the very thing he abhors and kidnap a beautiful girl to train her to be all that he once was.

Eighteen-year-old Olivia Ruiz has just woken up in a strange place. Blindfolded and bound, there is only a calm male voice to welcome her. His name is Caleb, though he demands to be called Master. Olivia is young, beautiful, naïve and willful to a fault. She has a dark sensuality that cannot be hidden or denied, though she tries to accomplish both. Although she is frightened by the strong, sadistic, and arrogant man who holds her prisoner, what keeps Olivia awake in the dark is her unwelcome attraction to him.



Seduced in the Dark (The Dark Duet, #2)
Seduced in the Dark by CJ Roberts

What is the price of redemption?

Rescued from sexual slavery by a mysterious Pakistani officer, Caleb carries the weight of a debt that must be paid in blood.

The road has been long and fraught with uncertainty, but for Caleb and Livvie, it’s all coming to an end.

Can he surrender the woman he loves for the sake of vengeance? 

Or will he make the ultimate sacrifice? (goodreads description)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I will be reviewing Captive in the Dark and Seduced in the Dark together. 


I give Captive in the Dark and Seduced in the Dark by CJ Roberts together 5/5 stars.


**I will slightly discuss both novels with no spoilers from either. The only spoiler I will give for the second novel, Seduced in the Dark  will be  hidden in white. No need to fret. (just scroll over the white area to see spoiler text)**


Captive in the Dark and Seduced in the Dark review: 

I found the Dark Duet series from an article a twitter friend re-tweeted on similar novels to the Fifty Shades of Grey series. Having been suffering from Fifty Shades withdrawal, at the time, I quickly checked out all of the books on the list. The novels from the list were as follows: Bared to YouGabriel's InfernoCaptive in the DarkThe Reluctant Dom, and Rock Me

Captive in the Dark and Seduced in the Dark forced me into a world I was completely unfamiliar with in every way. This not surprising, since I’m sure not many people could relate to being kidnapped and forced/trained into sex slavery. Yet, even as the subject matter challenged me in ways I never expected, I couldn’t help but be fascinated in the world and characters Ms. Roberts created. 

I will admit that in the beginning, I disliked Caleb greatly. I thought he was a very morbid individual who had serious mental issues and I couldn’t foresee any change in him. Of course, I knew Caleb would change his ways; the series wouldn’t be a HEA if he didn’t. Though, I really worried for the majority of the first book and half of the second. Even concurring, that Livvie may end up with someone other than Caleb.

(spoiler)

Anyone else rooting for... Agent Matthew Reed in the beginning before the whole Dr. Janice Sloan thing happened? I seriously thought Matthew and Livvie would end up together in the end since Caleb was supposedly dead. Though by the end, I’m glad Livvie and Matthew didn’t end up together. Matthew has some issues he needs to work through. Matthew and Janice seem like they could make a fascinating couple. *wink, wink*

(spoiler)

Recommendation?:

As I mentioned before, I found the Dark Duet series because of its comparison to the Fifty Shades of Grey series. Therefore, I would definitely recommend Captive in the DarkandSeduced in the Dark is in need of a similar series that deals with the same subject as Fifty Shades of Greyand Bared to You

No comments:

Post a Comment