Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Bared to You (Crossfire #1) by Sylvia Day


Bared to You (Crossfire, #1)


Bared to You by Sylvia Day


Our journey began in fire...


Gideon Cross came into my life like lightning in the darkness—beautiful and brilliant, jagged and white-hot. I was drawn to him as I'd never been to anything or anyone in my life. I craved his touch like a drug, even knowing it would weaken me. I was flawed and damaged, and he opened those cracks in me so easily...

Gideon knew. He had demons of his own. And we would become the mirrors that reflected each other's most private wounds... and desires.

The bonds of his love transformed me, even as I prayed that the torment of our pasts didn't tear us apart...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


I give Bared to You by Sylvia Day 5/5 stars for being extremely swoon worthy and truly amazing on this captivating journey between Eva and Gideon. 

Bared to You review: 

After recently graduating and moving across country from San Diego to Manhattan, for a whole new beginning with her best friend Cary Taylor, Eva Tramwell lands the job of a life time at Waters Field & Leaman located in the Crossfire Building. Aside from having to come to terms with the New Yorker life-style, Eva also has to concern herself with her ever increasingly, overprotected mother, who has made it her life goal to interfere with her daughters life at any cost to ensure her safety. If a stalker-like-mother wasn’t problem enough, Eva is in for quite a surprise when she meets mysterious yet sexy Gideon Cross, owner of the entire Crossfire Building! What could be so wrong with meeting Mr. Sexy Cross? Only that he was made it his life mission to possess Eva body and soul at any cost, even if she isn’t to bent on the idea.

Bared to You was recommended to be as a cure for my ever devastating Fifty Shades of Grey depression, which typically happens after finishing the third and final novel,Fifty Shades Freed. Having heard about the many similarities between the two novels, I jumped on the chance to have another go in a world I loved so much. After reading Bared to You, I am happy to announce that this novel definitely filled the void. There are enough similarities between the two novels to help with the Fifty Shades depression yet not enough to feel as though this is a ‘copy cat’ situation. 

Recommend?: 
Yes, yes, yes. This Bared to You was phenomenal and I’m very desperate for the next novel, Deeper in You. October 2, 2012 cannot come soon enough; though rumor has it, it will be released sooner than that. I would definitely recommend Bared to You to anyone who loved the Fifty Shades series especially.

1 comment:

  1. Bared To You is the story of Eva and Gideon (great name for him). The story is told from Eva's point of view and I only wish that I could have heard it from Gideon's also. They are both extremely attractive and are instantly drawn to each other, but neither is looking for a relationship. Eva has just moved from San Diego to New York with her roommate. It is when she goes to her office building for the first time, that she runs into Gideon, literally, and their lives are forever changed. They each struggle with their own internal demons, insecurities, and past hurts. Through the story, each tries to overcome their issues as well as help each other. I love that Sylvia Day wrote these characters as not perfect, they both unintentionally made mistakes that hurt the other but they tried to learn from them and build on their relationship. Sylvia Day shows that relationships are hard and they take work and compromise from each person involved. It is not always sunshine and flowers, but when two people are meant to be together, it can be amazing. And their story is absolutely amazing, so much more then I expected and I loved every second.

    ReplyDelete