Friday, March 30, 2012

Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer #3) by Karen Chance

Embrace the Night (Cassandra Palmer, #3)

 Embrace the Night by Karen Chance




Cassandra Palmer may be the world's chief clairvoyant, but she's still magically bound to a master vampire. Only an ancient book called the Codex Merlini possesses the incantation to free Cassie-but harnessing its limitless power could endanger the world...




~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I give Embrace the Night by Karen Chance, 4/5 stars. Though the book was amazing, I still felt it lacked in some areas. **cough...Mircea...cough**

I’m giving this book a short review for now. Not because I didn’t like it. I just really want to read the next book in the series. 

What to expect: 

“Embrace the Night,” the third book in the Cassandra Palmer series, continues on with the ever increasing action of its prior books in the series. In this new installment, Cassie has once again found herself being targeted by those who wish to see her early demise. If that isn’t bad enough, the geis spell has taken a turn for the worse, leaving one side on the brink of madness. 

My feelings: 

I must begin by admitting that I didn’t like “Embrace the Night” as much as “Claimed By Shadow.” I’m beginning to think it has a lot to do with the lack of Mircea. Due to a revelation that happens in this book, it feels as if Mircea is placed on the side-lines. However, I must also add that when Mircea did eventually show up in this book, it more than made up for his absence. Still, I was left wanting more of him.

As I was reading this book, I felt myself debating whether I liked Cassie with present Mircea or past Mircea (she tends to mess around with time a lot leading to both of these men playing a huge part). After reading the last few pages of this book, the choice was made for me. The ending was just so sweet I can’t wait to read the next book.

I originally posted this review February 13, 2012 on http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/274180919

No comments:

Post a Comment