Friday, July 22, 2011

Review for My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2) by Rachel Vincent


My Soul to Save (Soul Screamers, #2)

My Soul to Save by Rachel Vincent


When Kaylee Cavanaugh screams, someone dies. 

So when teen pop star Eden croaks onstage and Kaylee doesn’t wail, she knows something is dead wrong. She can’t cry for someone who has no soul. 

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her too-hot-to-be-real boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls: a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld—a consequence they can’t possibly understand. 

Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


The second book in the Soul Screamers is just as captivating as the first novel. I really liked how much Nash and Kaylee’s relationship truly strengthen throughout this book. I can really tell how much they love and care for one another. The best part I feel is how realistic their relationship really is. Yeah, they are dealing with tons of paranormal things but other than that they are just a couple of teens trying to have a normal relationship.

Surprisingly, I found myself starting to really like Tod. After so much discussion in the first book about how he was so dangerous, I was afraid to like his character. The reader really gets to see a side of Tod that makes it very difficult to not like him. Despite being a reaper, he proves that he does still have human emotions. Yeah, he does still have that dangerous element, which comes with the whole reaper thing, but I’m starting to believe he is just dangerous to everyone else. I always hate saying stuff like that because Tod could end up being the bad guy or something in the next novel and I will respond with, “Darn it Tod! You had me at the second book but then you just had to ruin it.” I hope not. :(

Emma! All I can say about this girl is how good she handles all this weird stuff. I keep waiting for her to just freak out and end all ties with Kaylee, hell I would. Nope, Emma is by far a better friend than me. Kaylee is very lucky to have her. 


Also, anyone else feeling some Tod and Emma? I’m not sure how relationships work with reapers but I would love to find out. Plus, Emma is good with all the weird stuff so she will be able to handle potential reaper boyfriend.

I could say more about this novel but honestly I want to start number three so . . . read this series, it’s awesome.


5/5 stas!


I originally posted this review in July, 2011, on http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/183908070

No comments:

Post a Comment