Friday, July 22, 2011

Review for Angel Star (Angel Star, #1) by Jennifer Murgia


Angel Star (Angel Star, #1)

Angel Star by Jennifer Murgia


Seventeen-year-old Teagan McNeel falls for captivating Garreth Adams and soon discovers that her crush has an eight-point star etched into the palm of his right hand; the mark of an angel.
But where there is light, dark follows, and she and Garreth suddenly find themselves vulnerable to a dark angel's malicious plan that could threaten not only her life, but the lives of everyone she knows.
Divinely woven together, Angel Star takes readers on a reflective journey when one angel's sacrifice collides with another angel's vicious ambition in a way that is sure to have readers searching for their own willpower.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



I was drawn to this book during the time I acquired a fetish for angel boys. Garreth character is a bit different from the other angel boys I have read (*cough Patch cough*). Unlike the other angels, Garreth is very good and very pure. His only weakness being that he wishes to meet the girl he has longed protected.


I started this novel about two months ago but with school and other distractions, I had to put it aside for a bit. Nonetheless, I found myself able to get back into the story and the characters the second I picked the book up again.


Garreth and Teagan are absolutely adorable together. Garreth is a very cute boy who has truly given up everything to have a chance to get to know Teagan. I have read quite a few books, and I have to give Garreth the “sweetest boy” award.


This book does heavy rely on religious beliefs. I really have nothing against religion, I’m a very spiritual person myself, I, just would have liked the author to take an easy on this subject matter.


Angel Star is still a really good book so don’t let my opinion get in the way of reading it. :)


4/5 stars!


I originally posted this review in June, 2011, on http://www.goodreads.com/review/show/155590063

No comments:

Post a Comment